This Autism Event Calendar is an Orange County, California community resource that centralizes information and increases access to autism educational and family support opportunities. Because some events are posted months before they are scheduled, is important to contact sponsors to confirm that none of the information has changed.
To be notified of FAN sponsored events by email, please click this LINK.
Please report any broken or incorrect links to email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Resume and Interview Skills Workshop
September 22, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Join us for our virtual event!
NeuroTalent Works will be holding a Resume and Interview Skills Workshop for autistic and neurodivergent individuals. Please help us in sharing this information with others that might benefit! See below for more information about the event.
- Date: Thursday, September 22nd
- Time: 9:30 – 12:30 am PST
- Event Format: Zoom
Description: This will be a practical workshop on editing your resume and practicing common interview questions and situations.
- Enhance the look, feel, and content of your resume to catch the attention of hiring managers and recruiters
- Include impact-driven writing in your resume to showcase your skills and what you bring to the company
- Learn to tailor your resume to a job description to beat those resume-reading robots!
- Craft your “elevator pitch” to quickly impress your audience
- Practice common interview questions to know what to say and how to say it best
- Learn effective interview skills such as guiding the conversation, knowing the company, and following up
How to prepare
A. Please have these 3 items:
- Digital or paper copy of your resume
- Link or paper copy of a job description that you would like to apply to
- Questions you would like to ask about the resume or interview process
B. ACTION step: If you are a California resident, please sign up for CalJOBS or send us the information below if you are already enrolled. We are required to track our services provided through this system. This is a 10-minute registration process that gives you access to a database of California Jobs. See the instructions below
- Go to CalJOBS: https://www.caljobs.ca.gov
- Click on the “Sign In / Register” Button at the top-right
- Scroll down to Option 3 and click on the “Individual Registration” button
- Click on “I Agree” to accept the privacy agreement
- Fill out and submit the registration form
- Send your new CalJOBS username and last 4 digits of your social security number to firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not send us your password or full SS number!)
Please register below by completing the form. You will receive a confirmation email with a zoom link and additional information.