The Family Autism Network is an all-volunteer program that invites you to participate in many projects. Please contact FAN if you would like to assist in additional ways. Community service hours are granted to all volunteers.
If you wish to volunteer for a Community Social, go here to complete the form.
Please complete the form here for the following positions:
Community Resource/Outreach Volunteer
- Represent FAN at resource/health fairs and other community events
- Distribute FAN information to media sources, physicians, autism service providers.
- Assist in developing press releases and in promoting FAN volunteer recruitment efforts as needed
- Make presentations to community organizations to raise awareness and support for the autism community
Liaison to Social Media
- Manage and interact with FAN Social Media sites
- Assist in writing, editing and mailing e-Newsletters to members
Website Data Entry
- Upload new announcements, calendar events and resources to the website
Care Notebook Volunteer
- Participate in a brief training session
- Honor confidentiality of families
- Work individually with families or in workshop settings with other volunteers, to compile children’s records and family information into CARE Notebooks. Notebooks include information about health care, service providers, insurance, emergency contacts, school, etc.
Teen Volunteer Program
- Teens, ages 13 and older, can volunteer for the Special Needs Acceptance Book Project to prevent bullying. Teens introduce the book project to youth groups, churches, synagogues and public libraries in their own community any time they are available to volunteer.
- Teens serve as role models for younger children and increase their compassion and respect for others who may look or act differently.
- Teens become stronger advocates for developmentally disabled people.