Due to Coronavirus concerns, all volunteer opportunities have ceased. Please check back when conditions have improved and our social events have resumed.
The Family Autism Network is an all-volunteer program that invites you to participate in many projects. Please contact FAN if you would like to assist in additional ways. Community service hours are granted to all volunteers.
If you wish to volunteer for a Community Social, go here to complete the form.
Community Resource/Outreach Volunteer
- Represent FAN at resource/health fairs and other community events
- Distribute FAN information to media sources, physicians, autism service providers.
- Assist in developing press releases and in promoting FAN volunteer recruitment efforts
- Make presentations to community organizations to raise awareness and support for the autism community
Liaison to Social Media
- Manage and interact with FAN Social Media sites
- Assist in writing and editing e-Newsletters to members
Website Data Entry
- Upload and update announcements, calendar events and resources to the website
Care Notebook Volunteer
- Participate in a brief training session
- Work individually with families or in workshop settings with other volunteers, to organize children’s records and family information into CARE Notebooks. Notebooks include information about health care, service providers, insurance, emergency contacts, school, etc.