Autism Speaks is offering a Caregiver Quick Tips video series online to teach how to use play and everyday routines to teach sharing, expand communication and learn new skills. Learn more about these videos here.
- Stronger Together: A Guidebook for the Safe Reopening of California’s Public Schools – June 8, 2020
- COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Schools and School-Based Programs – June 5, 2020
- Special Education Guidance for COVID-19: COVID-19 School Closures and Services to Students with Disabilities – April 9, 2020
- CDE Webpage with General COVID-19 Resources
- Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak – March 2020
- Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Schools While Protecting the Civil Rights of Students – March 16, 2020
- Supplemental Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities – March 21, 2020
- ED Webpage with General COVID-19 Resources and Special Education & Rehabilitative Services
- Supporting Inclusive Practices: Distance Learning Innovations for Special Education: Resource Library
- Educating All Learners During the COVID-19 Disaster: An Alliance Dedicated to Equity for Complex Learners: Resource Library
- National Center for Learning Disabilities: Parent Advocacy Toolkit: Using Resources to Help School Districts Serve Students with Learning and Attention Issues During COVID-19
- California County Superintendents Educational Services Association: COVID-19 Notices on Distance Learning and Campus Closures: County by County
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates Position Statement on Provision of Compensatory Education In Response to Lost Education as a Result of COVID-19
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates Recommendations on the Provision of FAPE to Students with Disabilities When a Parent Opts to Keep Their Child Home During the 2020-2021 School Year
- Southern Poverty Law Center COVID-19 School Closures School Services Tracker
- Center for Parent Information and Resources Library
- PEAK Parent Center Region D Zone Home
Conexiones Educativas is offering free IEP assistance to Spanish-speaking families. Call Cecilia Mercado at 714-398-4710 to request an appointment for IEP assistance.
View flyer here.
To view other services provided by Conexiones Educativas to the Spanish speaking community during this time, please view the flyer here.
Let’s Talk Learning Differences addresses critically important social justice and equity of educational opportunity issues faced by those in the neuro-diverse community.
The Dayle McIntosh Center is still offering remote services from 8:30a-5pm Monday-Friday, excluding holidays. We understand that this is a unique time and we will remain available to assist families with their long term care needs, applying for support services, finding a care provider, and accessing community resources. If you have any family members that require home care services, please feel free to contact us.
ADHD Coaching and school advocacy for children, teens and college students.
COVID-19 Information and Resources. This page will be updated regularly as new content is developed. In addition, the Autism Response Team remains a resource for all families in our community. On this hub, families can find:
- Answers to common about coronavirus and how it impacts the autism community.
- Tips on how to manage disruptions to school-based services, and how to continue clinical care while social distancing.
- Teaching stories to help kids understand our current environment and adapt to changes in routine.
- Links to resources for educators and healthcare professionals.
- Links to translated resources where available.
Coming soon: We are working on a series of videos answering questions and providing tips to help families work through common challenges. These will be posted to the COVID-19 resource hub and our YouTube channel as they’re available, and shared on our social channels. We encourage you to find @autismspeaks on Facebook and Instagram for regular updates.
Since 1998, millions of parents and adults have trusted ADDitude’s expert guidance and support for living better with ADHD and its related mental health conditions. Our mission is to be your trusted advisor, an unwavering source of understanding and guidance along the path to wellness.
Patterns Behavioral Services provides ABA services for children and adults diagnosed with Autism as well as other developmental disabilities. Patterns works with your insurance company to obtain authorization for the treatment recommended by your clinician. We provide the following services: 1:1 Direct Care, Social Skills Groups, Parent Consultation.